Wednesday, March 24, 2004

[Feeling] [Pleased]

Good news came to me on Monday after class. I went to schedule an appointment to see and advisor about my impending graduation after this semester. Well, the lady said that there wasn't a wait if I wanted to see an advisor right then. I waited about 5 minutes, saw and advisor and after another 5 minutes, I was all set up to walk in MAY!!! Woo-hoo!! It's official then. As long as I pass all of my classes this semester, I get to go through graduation ceremonies, the whole nine yards. On top of that, I found out that I only have three hours left in the summer to finish up my degree instead of 6 like I thought. That means I only have to take one class this summer. As in one in only one summer session. So this is it! Of course, I have absolutely no clue what's next.

This great news comes along with uber work to do. I have 1 research paper due in a week and another group paper due the week after that. Oy, advertising research is hard. So this weekend I will be finishing up my research and writing the entire paper for next week. At least I know the direction I want to go in, right? I mean, there is that art of BS'ing that always comes in handy, and I have a pretty decent topic that leaves a lot open to discuss since it's a controversial issue.

The knife and stick fight is in less than 2 weeks. I'm really nervous and as far as I know, I'm the only girl competing. So if there's any support out there who wants to come, let me know and I will hook you up. You can also buy your tickets online. $10 advance, $15 at the door. 11am til we finish, which will be about 4pm. I would so love it if some of my blogging community came to see me in my martial arts action. I've been working really hard, and I suck compared to all of our fighters, but not too bad, because I am, after all, the girl. And besides, there are 15 other fighters competing besides the ones from our school, so I bet I'll have a chance at beating at least one of them (?)

Well, I better get back to that research. Such a relief to almost be done. At the same time, a bit scary. Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home