Wednesday, February 19, 2003

On the topic of being shy:


I have realized that no matter how much I will express my opinions to the people I know and love, I can never ever talk to strangers. Especially guys. I was so mad at myself today. If I could, I would have kicked my own butt. So I was waiting in the main building to receive my transcript so I could study abroad this summer. It's sweltering so I'm sitting there waiting for the guy to come out with the paperwork. This guy comes and sits next me. He's kind of cute, artsy and funky looking, and he says "hey, how's it goin" and I mumbled something like "pretty good" and half smiled. Then I turned to stone. What was I supposed to say? "So, waiting for your transcript?" Uh, yeah of course he is! I was so scared of sounding dumb, I didn't say anything at all. As soon as the guy came out I grabbed the envelope and ran. I felt so stupid and so mad at myself. Why can't I just be myself and speak my mind? I've held my tongue for so long around people I don't know I guess. I don't know if I'll ever get over it, but I sure hope so, because my chances at meeting new people right now are slim to none. OY!! Any words of wisdom would be great. Anyway, back to the studying for the gazillion number of tests and quizzes in the next 5 days. See ya.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home