Tuesday, January 06, 2004

So today while working with some new kickboxers, I was told by one of them that they wouldn't want to meet me in a dark alley, or fight me in the room for that matter.

I wasn't sure whether to take that as a compliment or as an insult. So I took it as a compliment and hit just a teency bit harder. Then her friend popped herself in the mouth whilst I was kicking. And I wasn't kicking full blast, so THEN I tried to apologize, but the words were just an empty feeling. The injury was brought upon itself.

This brings a question to my mind. Have I become a kickboxing badass?

Then I take a peek over my shoulder and see some hardbodied dudes pounding away. I look back at my partners and think: "nah."


It's been a year and a half since I've started this hobby of mine. I've lost thirty pounds, then gained 10 back. I've made so many friends and so much self confidence, I fear not the streets of Austin, and I didn't even fear the daytime streets of San Jose, Costa Rica. ;)

If anyone is in Austin and would like to kickbox or do another martial art for a month for free, let me know and I can hook you up with a nifty little certificate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home