Monday, November 17, 2003

Well I'm at a turning point in my life, and I need some advice my fellow bloggers.

As some of you know, I currently have an internship with my kickboxing instructor, Larry. I've learned a lot from Larry and about graphic design, writing, and other general things about advertising. But, I've come to a time and point in my life where money is tight. For most of my college career, I've had a job. Well, living by myself and not having a job has made paying bills by myself a little hard. I also have some necessary debts that need to be paid off, i.e. the new tires i needed for my car. I'm also very involved in my martial arts school, and it's my niche, my niche that costs $85/mo. Anyway, long story short, I have no in-flow of money and Larry has no intention of paying me.

My dilemma is this. I desperately need an income. But I can't balance 2 jobs, one that doesn't pay, plus going to UT full time. I have a choice of either just grinning and bearing not having a job, and not letting someone who has given me so many opportunities down (Larry), OR letting him down and not cleaning out my parents for rent money.

I would hope Larry wouldn't take my leaving personally if I did, but sometimes I really wonder. Larry is touchy about things that sometimes you wouldn't think he'd be touchy about. He's also pretty demanding.

So if you guys wouldn't mind, I could really use some advice. Remember the choices:
A) get money, let down Larry
B) keep helping out Larry, be poor

Thanks guys, have a good week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home