Monday, October 10, 2005

Ok Ok, I guess I better clear the air about my previous post. I didn't know people would pay that much attention to it.

1) In no way, form, or fashion am I system or person bashing. I actually sat at the same dinner table as Guro Carl and the rest of the Atienza crew after the CSC tournament. I know that they are great people. I also know that all FMA is great.

2) This is a personal rant of mine. I know I'm a beginner and I know where I stand in the martial arts world. I know I'm a nobody. One of the reasons I wrote this is because I want people to see what it is like being a woman in martial arts, and on top of that, being a nobody. I have 2 strikes against me already, don't you agree?

Also, when people ask me how I did, I can't feel proud to tell them that I made it to the top 8 because it seems like a FARCE. How would you, as men, feel everytime you tried to tell people who look up to you that you only got to the top 8 because someone let you win? I may be young, inexperienced, and a woman, but like everyone else at the tournament, I put in time, I worked really hard, and I was ready to go down just like everyone else. And it's not like Texas is that close to California. I didn't know who Carl Atienza even was before or while I was fighting him.

3) I probably will not be attending the Cold Steel Challenge next year. I've been twice and that seems to have been too many. So I guess none of this even really matters. I didn't intend to anger anyone. This is just my personal weblog.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll comment on the #2 part of your blog entry.

You should look at it from Guro Carl's perspective as well. If you let the inexperienced person move into the next round, they actually get a chance to COMPETE, not get slaughtered. If you were good enough, you would eventually get paired up against his student anyway (the one who won first place).

If people really look up to you, your standing in the tournament shouldn't matter to them because they know your skill and respect you as a person. You are not defined by your standing in a tournament. Just like Guro Carl exhibited in his match with you in the tournament. He knew his student was good enough to compete for the finals.

You are however, defined by how you learn from the lessons in life. Instead of feeling bitter about your CSC experience, why not look at the positive? You got to move to the third round and fight someone who was pretty good without risk of greater injury. Believe me when I say you had a greater chance of getting hurt the other way around.

Btw, I don't think you angered anyone. The comments are meant to give you the perspective from other's pov. Don't allow other commentators to hijack your blog to bash Atienza Kali. Up to you to utilise our comments in a positive manner.

5:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who looks up to you?

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home